Best of the Best 2019 - Whisky tasting with Daniel Bruce McLaren - Tuesday 19 November, 6pm, Harbourside Function Venue, Cable Room, $120pp
Tuesday 19 November, 6pm, Harbourside Function Venue, Cable Room, $120pp (4 Taranaki Street Wharf, Cnr Cable & Taranaki St.)
We've worked especially hard this year tasting our way through a rather fantastic array of single malts (it's a hard job but someone has to do it) and, as ever, we've selected the best from the year to go through to our grande finale - Best of the Best.
There'll be palate cleansing beer supplied by our friends at Kereru, the address to the haggis - then served as a taster with neeps and tatties - and a yearly review poster as supplied by Daniel.
Here's the lineup, including the highest ever scoring whisky at a Regional tasting...
- Glenfarclas Family Casks 2002 Cask #3773 (Glenfarclas Family Casks - sister cask of winner)
- Ardnamurchan Malt Spirit 2018 Ad 55.3% (Salt & earth - adventures in peat)
- Benriach 2005 12yo Cask#2565 Batch 14 first fill oloroso sherry butt 58.8% (The Benriach vertical)
- Amrut Portonova Single Malt 62.1% (Tongue twisters)
- Benromach 2010 Peat Smoke Sherry Cask Matured 59.9% (The mystery tasting)
- Glendronach 27yo 1990 #7902 52.1% (The highest scoring whisky at Regional ever)
- Mystery Whisky
Cancellations must be made no later than Friday 15 November 5pm.
If sold out, please email John at firstname.lastname@example.org