HUNTRESS WAIKURA ROSE 19

HUNTRESS WAIKURA ROSE 19

  • $27.99
    Unit price per 
Tax included.

Only 16 left!

Wairarapa winemaker Jannine Rickards gave her wines Maori names and Waikura refers to the red glow in the sky, which ties it to the bright ruby hue of this bold, savoury take on the rosé theme. 

This is the second vintage of Waikura Rosé and is made from two different clones and three different vineyards of Pinot Noir grown in Martinborough. The much revered Abel clone (also known as the gumboot clone, due to its not so illustrious covert importation into New Zealand) forms part of the blend, along with the 10/5 clone from On Giants Shoulders Vineyard and more Abel from The Cliffs in Gladstone. Abel has relatively thick skins and small bunches, which contribute to the earthy style. The wine was given 65 % whole cluster carbonic fermentation with the remaining 35% destemmed and pressed, cold settled and fermented in old French oak barriques. It had no fining and was given 45ppm of sulphur dioxide at bottling and sterile filtration.

It’s dry, medium bodied with dried cranberry and plum flavours followed by a long, refreshing and succulent finish. 


We Also Recommend