Craggy Range winery of the month - on special

Posted by Joelle Thomson on

We're excited to launch a new winery of the month for May, Craggy Range, which is situated in one of the most iconic landscapes in the country. Te Mata Peak towers in the foreground while the Tukituki River meanders gently along behind this Hawke’s Bay winery and its luxury lodge. The winery has forged a reputation as one of the best in the Bay since its first vintage in 1999. Ironically, this large Hawke's Bay winery sources a significant proportion of grapes from just down the road in Martinborough where its Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc are growing in volume and quality. As you read this, winemaker Julian Grounds, head winemaker at Craggy Range since 2019, has just processed approximately 65% of the winery's harvest from Martinborough with the remaining 35% from Hawke's Bay. 
He was Dux of Viticulture and Oenology at Curtain University, winner of an award for future leadership and Dux of the 2017 Len Evans Tutorial and is now chief winemaker at Craggy Range. He has made wine in Central Otago, Oregon, Burgundy, the Yarra Valley and  Margaret River, among other locations and he saw huge potential for New Zealand wine when he took on the role at Craggy two years ago. 
Since then, the winery has expanded its vineyard plantings in Martinborough by over 100 hectares, which is significant for one of this country's smallest wine regions. Most of the new plantings are Sauvignon Blanc but the expansion also sees growth in Pinot Noir from one of this country's best regions for this tricky red grape variety. 
Craggy Range wines are our wines of the month for May this year and we're pleased to offer you, our customers, the chance to try and buy at a discount. 
Come on down to Wine Wednesday to try Craggy Range wines or buy on the link below...

Buy Craggy Range wines here on discount

* Craggy Range Lodge and the Giants Winery are at 253 Waimarama Road, Havelock North, phone (06) 873 7126.

Share this post

← Older Post Newer Post →