Like drinking velvet - new Te Kano Gamy

Posted by Joelle Thomson on

If a smooth, velvety red wine appeals, then Gamay is it and this newcomer from Te Kano over delivers with its plush red fruit flavours are held in a full bodied, beautifully balanced wine. 

Pop in store to buy this exceptional new wine... 

2022 Te Kano Gamay Noir Northburn Central Otago RRP $59.99

All of the grapes that went into this wine were hand picked and while 90% were traditionally destemmed, the remaining 10% were fermented as whole bunches in a sealed tank. This smaller volume went through full carbonic fermentation. Two portions were pressed to neutral, older oak barrels for maturation and the result is a Gamay that is on par with top quality village Beaujolais. And like very good Beaujolais, the volumes of this wine are pretty small as it is made from the 1386 vines of Gamay that are planted on Te Kano's  Kohaka Vineyard in Northburn, Central Otago. This equates to 0.33 hectare. 

The modest volume is more than made up for in the high quality of this lovely wine. 

Share this post

← Older Post Newer Post →